Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Rat Story by Bowen

      It was a warm, dry, still evening in Cochin, India. Just a regular night, like all the others… OR SO MY MOM THOUGHT. We were walking across the common area at about 9:30 at night when suddenly, out of nowhere a dark shadow caught my eye. A massive blood sucking, rabies ridden, child eating rat from hell scurried out from behind a plank leaned up against the wall, My mother leaped off the ground, my best guess would be that she was actually trying to physically levitate off the floor to gain safety from this nasty creature. She very loudly whispered some choice words while further tightening the death grip she had on my arm, at this point we saw the rat make a run for my parents room, again she loudly whispered to my Dad to get the @#*&%$ rat out of the room. At this point, again out of the corner of my eye I think I saw my Mom levitate into her own room and quickly jump onto the bed, then immediately curl up into a ball and clench her pillow so hard, that I seem to remember it asking me to help it because it couldn't breath. By now I was on top of the bed along with my mom practically unable to breath from laughing so hard. My Dad and I had located the rat pressed up against the wall under their bed, My Dad had created a wall out of an extra mattress that they had in their room to ensure that the rat would stay in the half of the room that it already was in. My mom continued to say the same words over and over (which are not suitable to put in this story) until my Dad asked her if she wanted to leave the room, and with a very short-of-breath “yes” I saw her leap out of the room and run up another flight of stairs to the roof top patio type thing. All that was left to do now was get the rat out of the room, which we did very easily by scaring it out from under the bed until it reached the mattress wall, then scaring it along the wall and out of the room until it reached the common area where it hid for a second then ran outside and down the stairs all on its own. By the time my mom had made her way down stairs it was time to go to sleep… not that my mom would get any that night.


Written by Bowen

This is not the actual rat. Ours was nicer looking, very friendly actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment